Friday 10 April 2020






What can I bring to society from the narrative? 

This question makes me challenges because it's difficult to bring anything. Moreover, whatever I can bring that space, that's the only face of the circumstances. Goethe Institute belongs in the place, where I can remember only interevent through the narration. Institute is the space in the capital city of Kolkata. There is a very decorated space in urbanity. So, I try to create an obstacle and interactive engagement surrounded by space. I chose the library, coffee shop, and a common area where ordinary people can access space. For that, I use the bricks as my primary objects; after that, I curved the blocks as Text(word) format. The text comes from their voice and crisis, which I mention through bending bricks within a space. That curving bricks I put in many areas like library bookshelf with many books, corridors, behind the door, staircase, etc. Through that display, I try to create a question of what & why? I hung a big size of flex with text and images, which produce an obstacle within the comfort zone of library space and common area as well as a coffee shop. The etiquette of the coffee shop is a tinny space where this hanging flex creates a discomfort environment. All though I put the curving bricks and writing pad for anonyms comment about their idea & understanding of bricks factory. Two video documentations cover the library wall and entrance wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment